PETERHOF (PETRODVORETS): EVE FOUNTAIN

Peterhof:  Eve Fountain

On the west side of the great canal at the center of radiating avenues stands the Eve Fountain (1718-26). This and a companion work titled "Adam" are the oldest fountains at Peterhof. Their sculptural elements were commissioned by Peter the Great and executed by the Italian artist Giovanni Bonazza.

dillonford@earthlink.net


Last updated July 2, 2002
WebMaster: Sebastian Proteus, proteus@newmusicclassics.com
© Copyright 2002 by Joseph Dillon Ford